We have the following part time / casual positions here at the Stadium:
- Front Desk Receptionists
- Child Care
- Leisure Program Instructors
- Ice Skate Patrol
- Swim Instructors
- Aqua Fitness Instructors
- Fitness Instructors
- Personal Trainers
Conditions of Employment
- Applicants must have current certification in Emergency First Aid and Level C CPR.
- Applicants must complete screening through the Child Abuse Registry and if applicable, a Criminal Record Check.
- Applicants must be willing to obtain WHIMIS training if applicable.
Current Job Openings:
To apply for an open position, please visit www.halifax.ca and go to the Employment section. All applications must be sent in through there.
Job Posting Halifax Regional Municipality is inviting applications for the part time position of Recreational Gymnastics Program Instructor for ages 3-5 years in our Winter 2016 program. The Recreation Program Instructor leads the program at the Sackville Sports Stadium. This job opportunity is a perfect way to gain valuable work experience, learn new skills and contribute to your community. We are seeking individuals looking for part-time, seasonal work. Individuals would be required to plan for and lead the instructional program.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supervises sessions to ensure the safety of all participants;
- Responsible for developing a specific program plan;
- Supports persons with disabilities in programs when required;
- Responsible for greeting participants, leading activities, ensuring the safety and enjoyment of participants, providing excellent customer service to participants and patrons;
- Responsible for organizing equipment and supplies and preparing for activities;
- Carries out emergency procedures and provides First Aid treatment as required;
- Carries out assigned duties in an effective and responsible manner;
- Reports to the Client Services Manager at the Sackville Sports Stadium.
Education and Experience:
- Experience working or volunteering with preschoolers and children in a recreational setting
- Certification in Gymnastics Coaching Level 1 or equivalent experience
- Experience in customer service delivery
- Previous related experience is an asset
Technical / Job Specific Knowledge and Abilities:
- Ability to work effectively with staff and patrons to carry out assigned duties in a warm and friendly manner
- Ability to communicate effectively and provide direction to participants
- Ability to lift and move up to 20 pounds
- Balancing, bending, kneeling
Conditions of Employment:
- Applicants must have current certification in Emergency First Aid and CPR or willing to obtain.
- •Applicants must complete screening through the Child Abuse Registry and a Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector Check
- Applicants must be willing to obtain WHMIS training
- Applicants must be willing to attend all orientations/training sessions (dates to be determined)
Competencies: Communication, Customer Service, Flexibility, Initiative, Innovation, Teamwork and Cooperation, Valuing Diversity
WORK STATUS: Casual, Part-time starting immediately for Winter program
HOURS OF WORK: Seasonal, September to June. Currently this program is offered Saturday 11:30 to 1:15pm and will be offered for 9 weeks in the winter. Some applicants may be considered to instruct one or more program per week, depending on qualifications.
SALARY: $11.50 - $12.50 per hour.
WORK LOCATION: Sackville Sports Stadium
CLOSING DATE: Applications will be received up to Midnight (12:00 AM) on February 28, 2016. During the recruitment process, applicants have the right to request accommodation. Applicants invited to participate in an assessment process (such as an interview or testing) and who require accommodation, should discuss their needs with the Recruiter when invited to the assessment process. We encourage applications from qualified African Nova Scotians, racially visible persons, women in non-traditional positions, persons with disabilities and Aboriginal persons in the workplace. HRM encourages applicants to self-identify. Qualified HRM retirees may also be considered for competitions if other qualified candidates are not available, and the retiree possesses specialized knowledge and/or a unique skill set not otherwise available. In these circumstances, a form of employment may be offered, including term and/or contract.